My Top 3 Easy & Healthy Recipes
Until recently, I was an awful cook because I never followed recipes properly. Ironically, not following recipes is the reason I am a better cook now — I just make up my own recipes. Meal prep and planning is a skill that I have not mastered yet, so typically I just throw whatever ingredients I already have into a pot and hope for the best!
Since it’s summer and my dad has a crazy huge garden, my fridge is flooded with cucumbers, tomatoes, and zucchini — I’m not complaining:) I’ve made a bunch of random salads and quick dishes with these veggies, so here are my favorites!
- ZOODLES!!!! I am obsessed with zucchini noodles because they are so quick and to die for. For this dish: spiralize 1 zucchini (if you dont have a spiralizer, you can use a peeler to make thin, wide noodles), then toss it into a frying pan with two tablespoons of olive oil and one tablespoon of chopped garlic. Give it about 4-5 minutes, or until the noodles are soft.
- I like my zoodles with a tablespoon of parmesean cheese!
- My favorite zoodle toppings: cherry tomatoes (toss them in the fry pan to cook with the zoodles), shrimp & lemon juice, tomato sauce & a few meatballs.
- Salmon Greek Salad: I am a firm believer that a salad is only as good as the dressing on it (LOL), and greek dressing is one of my FAVORITES! For this dish: 1 cup of spinach, chopped cucumber, chopped tomato, chopped red onion, blanched green beans, kalamata olives, feta cheese, and oven baked salmon.
- Veggie Breakyyy: Eggs are one of the easiest things to whip up when you’re starving & ravaging the fridge for a quick fix. For this dish: 2 eggs sunny side up, cooked green & yellow peppers, 2 tomatoes, 1/2 cucumber (drizzled in garlic dressing), 1 tablespoon of herb goat cheese.