Instagram Fit Squad
I’ve always been an impatient person. I like to see results NOW not “in 8 weeks”, so fitness has always been a huge challenge for me. I’ve had many successful attempts at losing weight, but I always seemed to fall into some sort of emotional problem, leading to me falling off the fitness wagon.
Tired of starting over, I created my fit-stagram as a way to hold myself accountable and make sure I stayed constant with my eating and workouts. Best decision I’ve made.
One of my favorite quotes from fitness Instagrammer @elliebell_01 is, “‘Working out is hard’ something I hear pretty often from people who want to better their health and body. And they’re right. Totally right… Working out is hard. It does hurt. It does take commitment and time. But there’s something that I think is harder than that… and that’s looking in the mirror and not liking who you see. And I don’t just mean how you look, but I mean the person whose health isn’t where it could be, the person who’s not as confident as they could be. I totally know what that feels like, I’ve been there before, myself. So I thought “choose your hard” and I made a change. Because as far as i see it, one of them hurts for 30 min and leads me to a better place and the other one hurts all the time and leads me to a worse place. #yourchoice #choiceispower”
The internet is an incredible place that allows for people to connect and build each other up. I found a corner of Instagram with amazing women all striving to be the healthiest versions of themselves. That doesn’t mean the skinniest, it means the strongest — mentally and physically. The primary goal of this community is progress, not perfection. It’s falling in love with yourself and the journey that you’re on. Here, I could dedicated everything to bettering myself, and helping others who had the same goals.
How this has helped me:
- Workouts: Many fitness Instagrammers will record snippets of their workouts, videos of circuits, and weight training sets they do to give others ideas for their next workout.
- Camaraderie: Your fitness journey can be a STRUGGLE, so sharing your highs and lows with others going through the same shit can be relieving as well as motivating. We’re ALL in this together!
- Meals. Meals. Meals: There are many veterans of the fitness world on Instagram, so one of my favorite things to do is scroll through their feeds finding meals and snacks to make so I can mix-up my daily foods.
- Motivation: Each and every person in the community wants you to succeed. After seeing someone kill their workout in one of their videos, that makes me excited to do the same thing in my workout.
- Stay on track!!! After being consistent for about two weeks now, I’m the happiest I’ve been in a long time (like 2 years). Zero part of me wants to stop now.
- Muscle, Muscle..Muscle! I want to increase my muscle and strength. The number on the scale used to be all I cared about; this is not the case anymore. Regardless of what the scale reads, I want to be happy & strong.
- Weight training. Cardio used to be the only form of exercise I did, so lately I’ve been doing a lot more strength training and weight lifting which I’m absolutely LOVING. I want to continue this.
- Work hard. At the end of every workout, I want to walk away knowing I gave it my all.
@carostrachfit is my fitness Instagram, and I’d love to connect with you and work on our goals together! I post meal recipes, progress pictures, tips, workout videos, and as much motivation as I can give.